The finalists are in for the 2019 Conbrio Northland Sports Awards!
105 finalists are in the running to receive the top honors in their respective categories.
The Conbrio Northland Sports Awards celebrates players, officials, coaches, through to those who and are having a positive impact within our communities and continue to dedicate themselves to sport in Northland.
For nomination information or to purchase tickets, see the links below.
The Northern Advocate People’s Choice Award is all about recognising Northland’s favourite ‘Sideline Champion’. We are asking the Northland community to nominate the person that best demonstrates that values of a ‘Good Sport.’
Your nominee will be a leader in youth sport, they will demonstrate integrity and mana on the side-line, they keep the child’s experience fun and development focused, and they encourage participation in a variety of sports. That’s because young people who receive quality experiences in sport become sport lovers for life and we want to acknowledge the Northlanders that understand this concept and deserves the recognition.
The nominees will go to a judging panel and then be narrowed down to four finalists. The finalists will be promoted in conjunction with the Northern Advocate and voted on by the public with the winner announced at the Conbrio Northland Sports Awards on Friday 3 April 2020.
• They must be a Northland resident
• We are seeking nominations from the public. Nominations are to be made online by 28 February 2020
• You may nominate more than one person
• Sport Northland also reserves the right to nominate individuals they deem suitable for the award
• Finalists will be determined by the judging panel
• Finalists will be promoted in conjunction with the Northern Advocate using a variety of media avenues e.g. social media, print, radio
• The public will vote on the finalists to determine the winner who will be announced on the evening of the 3 April 2020 at the Conbrio Northland Sports Awards